After you’ve deposited a check through Check Deposit system, you can seamlessly record the payment in your QuickBooks account for easy bookkeeping. Establish your connection between Earth Class Mail and QuickBooks before attempting to record a payment.
Recording a Payment to QuickBooks
There must be an active invoice in QuickBooks to record a payment.
- Select the “Details” button for the mail item containing the deposited check.
- Select the “Record Payment” button.
- Click “QuickBooks Online.”
- Fill in the blank with the name of the invoiced customer, and hit “Enter” on your keyboard. We’ll match the name with the customer in your QuickBooks account. Select the name to proceed.
- Enter the invoice number, or leave the space blank and hit Enter on your keyboard to view a list of invoices for that customer. Click the invoice that you want to apply the payment for, and then select on the bank account to attach the payment to.
- A confirmation page will appear prompting you to select “Record Payment” to complete the process.
Once completed, a message will appear saying “Payment was recorded successfully.”
Viewing the Payment in QuickBooks
The payment will be reflected in your QuickBooks account.
- To view the record, click the magnifying glass in your QuickBooks interface on the top right of your screen. Enter the invoice number that received the payment record. Select the invoice.
- The payment status for the invoice will be PAID.
- To view payment details, Select “1 payment made.” It will reflect the recorded payment amount. Select the date to view the payment details.
Viewing and linking Check Scan to QuickBooks invoice
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Here you'll see any existing attachments.
You can also click on "Show existing" to view unlinked attachments.
- Options will appear on the right where you can find and select the corresponding check scan. Click "Add" to attach the image to the invoice.
- The scan is now linked and will show up under the "Attachments" to the QuickBooks invoice. Use options along the bottom to "Cancel", "Revert" or “Save” the changes to the invoice.
Once changes are saved, a message will appear saying “Invoice #### saved.”
Note that you can click the corresponding trash can icon or "Clear all lines" to delete the recorded payment and clear the "Amount received" in your QuickBooks account.