After you’ve deposited a check through CheckStream, you can seamlessly record the payment in your QuickBooks account for easy bookkeeping. Make sure to establish your connection between Earth Class Mail and QuickBooks before attempting to record a payment.
Recording a Payment to Quickbooks
Note that there must be an active invoice in QuickBooks to record a payment.
1. Click on the Details button for the mail item containing the deposited check.
2. Click the Record Payment button.
3. Click “QuickBooks Online.” You can also record a payment to Xero (Beta).
4. Fill in the blank with the name of the invoiced customer, and hit Enter on your keyboard. We’ll match the name with the customer in your QuickBooks account. Click the name to proceed.
5. Enter the invoice number, or simply leave the space blank and hit Enter on your keyboard to view a list of invoices for that customer. Click the invoice that you want to apply the payment for, and then click on the bank account to attach the payment to.
6. A confirmation page will appear prompting you to click “Record Payment” to complete the process.
Once completed, a message will appear saying “Payment was recorded successfully.”
Viewing the Payment in QuickBooks
You’ll see the payment reflected in your QuickBooks account.
1. To view the record, click the magnifying glass in your QuickBooks interface, and enter the invoice number that received the payment record. Click the invoice.
2. Notice that the payment status for the invoice will be PAID. To view payment details, Click “1 payment made.” It will reflect the recorded payment amount.
Click the date to view the payment details.
3. At the bottom of the page, you can click on included attachments to view a scan of the check recorded as payment for the invoice.
Note that you can click to “Clear Payment” to delete the recorded payment and clear the Amount Received in your QuickBooks account.