The digital Scan… and Re-Scan… options request to have a mail item's contents scanned into a fully-searchable and downloadable PDF. This 'how-to' guide will show you how to order scans, re-scans, and how-to cancel requests for scans.
Note that you can always set up an automation rule to automatically scan the contents of your mail so that you never have to worry about making the request yourself.
Scanning Mail Items
1. Select a mail item you want to scan and select "Scan" from the Actions tab.
2. Choose to...
- Have scans completed in Color or Black and White.
- Between storing the physical piece of mail, or having it securely shredded and recycled after scanning the item.
- Include a special request for your scan.
Hit submit to complete the request.
Once the contents of a piece of mail are scanned, the Scan... option in your Actions tab will turn into a Re-Scan option and a Send to… option will also appear.
The steps for re-scanning mail are the same as for scanning. Simply go into your Actions button and select the Re-scan… button.
Please leave a comment in the Special Requests box if you’re requesting a re-scan because of...
- A partial or incomplete initial scan
- A need for additional information, such as the back of a credit card.
- A belief that a check was not included in the original content scan
- An item with a binding and would like to request it separated and scanned
- Another situation in which you believe your mail was not properly scanned
Canceling Scan Requests
There are three ways to cancel pending scans.
1. You can cancel requests directly from your virtual mailbox by simply clicking the red x next to the Scan Pending status.
2. You can also cancel the request by going into a mail item's details and either clicking the red X next to Scan Pending or by clicking the Cancel button next to View Request.
3. You can select View Request and select Cancel in the window.
No matter which option you choose, a message will appear stating Operation Cancelled!