The United States Postal Service (USPS) requires all Commercial Mail Receiving Agents (CMRA), like Earth Class Mail, a LegalZoom Company, to collect a notarized USPS Form 1583 from customers. This form verifies your identity and provides official consent for us to receive and manage mail on your behalf.
Two forms of identification must be presented to our online notary partners during the notarization session. A primary ID with a photo, and a secondary ID with a home address.
The notary company that we partner with speaks both English and Spanish so you must be comfortable navigating the notarization interview in one of those languages. Your ID must also be in a language that uses the Latin alphabet.
Primary Identification Card
U.S. Government I.D. - may be federal, state, or tribal-issued. Customers may provide the following:
- State-issued driver’s license
- Passport - This includes a U.S. passport, U.S. passport card, or foreign passport
- Non-driver’s identification card
- U.S. permanent resident or other identification card issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- U.S. certificate of citizenship or naturalization
- An identification card issued by a federally or state-recognized tribal nation (tribal identification card
- Corporate Identification Card - photo ID card from a corporation located and organized in the United States
- U.S. University Identification - public or private U.S. university photo identification card.
Secondary Identification Card
- Driver's License
- Mortgage, or
- Deed of trust.
- Voter Registration Card
- Vehicle Registration Card
- Home Insurance Policy
- Vehicle Insurance Policy
- Utility bill
- Form I-94, Arrival, and Departure Record
If you have any questions about acceptable IDs, please reach out to email@example.com.