The United States Postal Service (USPS) requires all Commercial Mail Receiving Agents (CMRA), like Earth Class Mail, to collect a notarized USPS Form 1583 from customers. This form verifies your identity and provides official consent for Earth Class Mail to receive and manage mail on your behalf.
Two forms of identification must be presented to our online notary partners during the notarization session. A primary ID with a photo, and a secondary ID with a home address.
The notary company that we partner with speaks both English and Spanish so you must be comfortable navigating the notarization interview in one of those languages. Your ID must also be in a language that uses the Latin alphabet.
Primary Identification Card
U.S. Government I.D. - may be federal, state, or tribal-issued. Customers may provide the following:
- State-issued driver’s license
- Non-driver’s identification card
- U.S. Armed Forces card
- A uniformed service ID card
- U.S. permanent resident or other identification card issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- U.S. certificate of citizenship or naturalization
- An identification card issued by a federally or state-recognized tribal nation (tribal identification card
Passport - This includes a U.S. passport, U.S. passport card, or foreign passport
Corporate Identification - For many services specified in Exhibit 10.3 customers may provide a corporate identification card of a corporation located and organized in good standing in the United States.
U.S. University Identification - For some retail products and services specified in Exhibit 10.3 customers may provide a public or private U.S. university identification card as an acceptable form of photo identification.
Secondary Identification Card
- Mortgage, or
- Deed of trust.
- Voter Registration Card
- Vehicle Registration Card
- Home Insurance Policy
- Vehicle Insurance Policy
- Utility bill
- Form I-94, Arrival, and Departure Record
If you have any questions about acceptable IDs, please reach out to email@example.com.