As of Monday, August 1, 2022, Earth Class Mail will no longer offer Remote Deposit Capture as a part of all services. We realize this may be a big change for some; however, we recommend the Earth Class Mail check deposit services as an alternative solution to accommodate your transition.
✋Please note: The last day to request an RDC deposit is Friday, July 29, 2022.
What option do I have to deposit my checks?
💰Here is how Earth Class Mail check deposit services work:
- A check is auto-detected from your scanned mail
- You must request a check deposit, either manually or via automation rules, for us to process your check
- A Check is electronically endorsed
- A bank deposit slip is created
- The prepared deposit is shipped to your bank
✋Please note: Check processing may take up to 3-5 business days.
How do I add check deposit services to my account?
💡Updating your check deposit preferences is easy!
Log into your Earth Class Mail account (on the web application). The first screen will be your Dashboard view:
Go to Settings (gear icon) bottom left > Select Account Management
Go to the Plan tab > View Add-ons > Select your preferred check deposit option:
How do I automate my check deposit requests for all incoming checks?
Setting up automation rules for automatic check deposit services.
Go to Settings (gear icon bottom left) > Automation Rules > Top right, click the Add New button
- Q. How does the bank by mail check deposit service work?
A. Our check deposit service will automatically identify checks in your mail, and if requested, create a deposit slip and mail or expedite shipments to your bank. You can set up your preferred bank account(s) in your Earth Class Mail account settings.
- Q. How long will it take for my checks to be processed by the bank?
A. Deposits to Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and JPMorgan Chase are shipped overnight via UPS. Deposits to other financial institutions are shipped via USPS Priority Mail. The time it takes for your bank to process the deposit will depend on their internal processes.
- Q. Can Earth Class Mail expedite or overnight the shipments to financial institutions other than Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and JPMorgan banks?
A. Yes. You can request to expedite a check delivery in your account. The cost to expedite is $20 per request. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this option.
- Q. What changes should I expect to see in my account?
A. In addition, to seeing the deposit slip associated with the deposit, you will also see the tracking number associated with the shipment. All other functionalities will remain the same.
- Q. Will my automation rules be updated?
A. Your automation rules will be changed from Remote Deposit Capture to our bank by mail check deposit services.
- Q. What if I want to change my bank account used for deposits?
A. You can make changes to the bank account; in addition, you will also need to change your automation settings to send check deposits to your new account.
i. To change your bank account: Go to Settings -> Deposit Accounts.
ii. To change your check automation settings: Go to Settings -> Automation Rules.
- Q. I don’t want my checks mailed to my bank, what are my options?
A. When we receive a check in the mail, you will have the option to deposit it using our bank by mail check deposit services or have it shipped to an address of your choice.
- Q. Can I start using the bank by mail check deposit services now?
A. Yes, you can! If you need assistance updating your automation rules, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
- Q. Why are you sunsetting this product?
A. LegalZoom recently acquired ECM. As part of the acquisition, we are making some changes to our products and services. Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) is a service that we have decided is not part of our Core product offering.
That's a Wrap!
How to reach us:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team!
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: (210) 802-5211