Earth Class Mail is on a mission to find new ways to make life easier for our customers. With almost 97% of businesses still doing business on paper, we understand the need to conveniently process paper checks without having to make a trip to the bank. With Remote Deposit Capture, deposits are quicker and more secure - for you and your banking institution.
Remote Deposit Capture allows ECM to scan your checks and upload them directly to your bank’s software. This direct line to your bank means your funds hit faster, and visibility to what's important increases. We scan the checks we receive at your virtual Earth Class Mail address instead of moving physical documents around, creating a result that is faster than deposits and reduces the chance of lost checks.
You’ll receive benefits like:
🚫 No credit check.
💰 Lightning fast check deposits
🧩 QuickBooks Online & Xero integration. Easily record transactions, with PDF attachments, directly to your accounting system.
- Speak with one of our Customer Service specialists at (210) 802-5211
- Request RDC (Remote Deposit Capture) for your account
- ECM will confirm that our check scanners work with your banking institution's software, if not, your bank will provide us with a physical check scanner
4. Your bank will provide us with the login credentials and the software to access the deposit into your account (restrict access to deposit only, often called "Scan and Balance" privileges). Details we may need from the bank:
a.) Links to their RDC demo or instruction manual
b.) Preferred web-browser for their bank UI
c.) Daily deposit deadline/cutoff
d.) Whether ECM will need to endorse checks
e.) Special security concerns
5. ECM will confirm that the software and hardware work together, and inform you when you are ready to begin submitting RDC deposits
- Call your bank and activate RDC (Remote Deposit Capture) on your account. Your bank may refer to it as QuickDeposit, Mobile Checking, or Merchant Capture. They may offer to ship a scanner, which is not necessary.
- Provide Earth Class Mail with your bank name
3. In your online bank portal, add ECM as an RDC (Remote Deposit Capture)
a.) Ask your bank which web-browser works well with their bank UI
b.) Ask for any links to their RDC demo or instructional manual
c.) Ask if the checks need to be endorsed or if there are any deposit limitations that they may have for their system
- Have the bank send new login credentials directly to the ECM RDC team: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Once our RDC team confirms that we have access to your bank's portal, add the RDC Deposit account to your ECM portal. Be sure to name it RDC-Bank Name and to check the "RDC" box in your account settings.
6. Set up auto-deposit rules & notification rules
- We receive and scan your check at our processing facility, and we notify you that we’ve detected a payment.
- Our specialty scanners allow us to create an ACH file and prepare to transmit (using encrypted technology) then deposit to your bank.
- Your bank receives the file and posts to your account (typically within 24 hours, if automation rules have been applied to your account.)