Zapier opens up a world of possibilities by connecting your Earth Class Mail account with thousands of applications.
This article will share instructions for creating a Zap that will send a new item to a Slack channel to easily view your mail. A Zap is a task that is completed automatically between two applications and consists of a trigger and action: when this happens (Trigger), do something (Action).
Once you know how to create a Zap, you will be able to automate a variety of actions using Earth Class Mail and Zapier.
1. Setting up the Trigger (When this happens...)
- Log in to your Zapier account. If you do not have an account you can sign up for free.
- Click the orange “Make a Zap!” button located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Name your zap on the top left corner. We recommend something simple and descriptive like “send new mail scan to Slack”.
- Search for and choose “Earth Class Mail” as your App. Confirm that the Trigger Event is “New item scan” and then click “Continue”.
- In the Choose Account section, Click "Sign in to Earth Class Mail" and enter your credentials on the pop-up window. The window will automatically close when your account is connected. Then, click "Continue".
- On the Customize Item step, select your Earth Class Mail account from the dropdown and click "Continue". This is especially important for customers with access to multiple Earth Class Mail accounts.
- In the Find Item step, click "Test & Continue".
- Congrats! You've successfully set up the trigger for your Zap. Do a brief happy dance and then let's keep moving.
2. Setting up the Action (Do this...)
- Search for and choose “Slack” as your App.
- Choose “Send Channel Message” from the Choose Action Event drop-down menu and click “Continue”. For this example, we want to send a new mail scan to a Slack Channel so other team members can view, but you can choose different settings depending on your needs.
- In the Choose Account step, click "Sign in to Slack" and enter your credentials on the pop-up window. The window will automatically close when your account is connected. Then, click "Continue".
- The Customize Channel Message step is one of the most important because it allows for a lot of customizability. Hooray!
- First, choose the Channel where you want to send messages.
- Then, customize the Message Text with helpful information. In this example, we added a brief description and a couple of fields (Recipient Name, Sender Name, and Page Count).
- Scroll down to the "File" option. Add in the Content URL field. This will attach your mail's content scan to the Slack message for easy viewing.
- When you're done customizing your message, send a test message in Slack. This allows you to review the message text you have chosen and make any necessary changes.
- When you are satisfied, click “Done editing” and turn your Zap on!
You can follow these instructions to send a copy of your item's scan to a variety of applications. When setting up your Action, simply choose the desired application where you want the item to be shared.