You’re on your way to getting paper out of your office and making paper as powerful as email!
This article outlines the key components of your FileRoom account so you can easily take action and find what you’re looking for.
Send Us Paper
Once you have your FileRoom account, it's free and easy to send us paper to scan and make actionable! After logging in, click on the Send Us Paper button, complete the form to tell us how you want your documents handled and request your free shipping labels. We'll quickly email them to you to print and append to your boxed paper for UPS pickup or drop off. Learn more about sending us paper here.
Once you send us your paper, completed document scans (with editable default document names) will be listed in your Inbox. If you chose to have scanned documents delivered directly to a Cabinet, they will appear there instead. Your FileRoom Inbox will contain newly scanned documents that have not yet been organized into a specific Cabinet, or that have been specifically moved into the Inbox.
Unread documents will be shown in bold.
You can change your view to hide tags & only see document names by switching from Full to Regular.
After logging in to FileRoom you will be taken to All Documents by default. This is where all documents that can be managed from FileRoom will be listed, regardless of their actual location within cabinets, drawers, mail recipients, recipient folders or Archive. The only documents that won't show up in this view are those that have been moved into the Trash folder.
Selecting a single document will load its PDF in the Content tab. You can download and/or print from the Content tab, zoom in/out, rotate and scroll through additional pages of the PDF from this view.
You can edit your document name and view additional details by clicking the Overview tab.
Selecting one or multiple documents will display the available quick-action buttons: Re-scan, Shred, Ship, and Move To. You can also select the More menu to Send your document(s) via email, Send to a connected Cloud Account, Download, or Mark unread.
- As mentioned above, Inbox shows new documents that have been processed but not yet organized in cabinets or drawers.
- Archive displays all of the documents that you have chosen to move to Archive. Archiving an item will remove it from being listed in your Inbox, cabinet or drawer.
- All Documents displays all of the documents in your account, except those that have been moved to Trash.
- Trash contains document scans that you have moved to Trash. Documents cannot be moved to Trash unless/until the associated paper has been shipped or shredded.
- Pending shows documents with a pending physical action, such as a shipping or shredding, that has not been started by our Operations team. Document actions that are still pending can be canceled. Once the physical action has begun (and cannot be canceled), the document will no longer be listed in this Pending view.
Cabinets and Drawers
Just like a real life filing cabinet, you can create and rename virtual Cabinets and Drawers to organize your documents.
If you are a MailRoom customer, you can manage your mail items’ scans from FileRoom as well. They will show up in the Mail section of your account. Scanned mail will also show up in FileRoom under the All Documents view.
User Access / Managing Users
Account Administrators have full access to FileRoom (and MailRoom if added). Admin users can control user access to FileRoom at the Cabinet level. Cabinet users will only see Cabinets they have access to after logging in to the account. They will also only be able to request shipping labels via the Send Us Paper button for cabinets they have access to.
From Settings > Manage Users
Click on Add New and fill out the required fields. Click on the Role dropdown and select Non-Admin and click Next.
Your new user will be listed with no permissions.
Click on No Cabinets to assign access to one or more existing cabinets; click Grant Access.
The new user will receive an email with login information and a link to set up a password.
We're here to help every step of the way! Reach out to email@example.com if you'd like assistance or have questions.