Now that you’re account has been verified, this article will help you learn the basics of your Earth Class Mail account.
Redirect Mail to Your New Address
Your account is now ready to receive mail! To transition mail over to your new mailbox, you will need to update individual senders of your new virtual address. You may also fill out a Change of Address with USPS. Make sure to include your PMB number to prevent misdelivery. *Note the USPS 1583 form will not initiate mail forwarding*
Learn more about redirecting your mail here.
My Address Tool
To view your new virtual address, you can select the My Address Tool. You can also share via email which allows you to send your new ECM address to individual senders quickly and ensures proper formatting.
The Main Menu provides links to useful pages. You can navigate to your MailRoom inbox, Settings, view pending and processed Shipments and Check Deposits, access our Support and Help pages, and provide feedback to help us improve your experience.
Your main Inbox will be where new mail items appear as they arrive. Unread mail items will be shown in bold.
Clicking a mail item will load it in the Preview Panel. If the contents of a mail item have been scanned, the PDF scan will be displayed in the Content tab. You can view additional details about your mail by clicking the Overview tab.
At-a-glance status icons help you quickly see whether your item has been scanned or whether you have taken any additional action on it. Here is a key to understanding what the icons mean:
Selecting an item will display available actions: Scan, Shred, Ship, and Move To. You can also select the More drop-down menu to see additional options for managing your mail.
Shipping a Piece of Mail
When requesting to ship or forward mail items, you can include shipping insurance, require a signature on delivery, select your carrier, rate, and date to ship. To view the status of your shipment request, select the Main Menu tab and Shipment icon.
Depositing a Check
If you receive a check in your account, we can also take care of depositing the check. Once you have added in your check deposit account, you may request a check to be deposited. Our team will electronically endorse the check and ship it out to your bank for deposit. To view the status of your deposit request, select the Main Menu tab and Deposit icon.
- Inbox shows new mail items as they are received.
- Archive displays all of the items that you have chosen to Archive. Archiving an item will remove it from your Inbox.
- All Mail displays all of your mail items, whether they’re in the Inbox, or have been moved to Archive or a Recipient Folder.
- Trash contains items that you have chosen to move to Trash.
- Pending contains mail items with a physical action, such as a pending shipment, shred, or check deposit that has not been started by our Operations team. Items in this view can have their action canceled.
- Storage Fee tag displays mail items that are being stored beyond their free period (30 days for mail items, 10 days for packages). For information on monthly storage fees rates, click here.
- Check Detected tag displays mail items that include a check.
Recipients are the names of people and/or business entities receiving mail at your Earth Class Mail address. Creating Recipients allows you to set up automation rules for each, and easily filter the mail in your Inbox. Learn more.
You can create Recipient Folders to organize the mail items in your Inbox. Learn more.
You can create and apply custom Tags based on your needs. Selecting a Tag from the sidebar will surface the tagged items across your account. Learn more.
Need to add co-workers, colleagues, or family members as a user on your account? Use our permissions settings to decide what kind of access users have.
- Admin: Full access to Earth Class Mail account and recipient
- Non-Admin: Limits the user to view mail for specific account recipients. Non-admin also have limited access to settings.
Customize your mailbox-to-inbox options and never miss out on a delivered item.
- Add additional emails to receive notifications
- Include envelope images of PDF content in email alerts
- Choose how often to receive notifications and summaries (real-time), daily, weekly, or monthly)