At your request, we securely and responsibly trash any physical mail piece you don’t want to store at our processing facility. This article will guide you through recycling your mail piece by piece, in bulk, and will also show you how to cancel the request.
Trashing Physical Mail Items Piece by Piece
Earth Class Mail has two options for trashing your physical mail pieces, depending on your plan. This article showcases the recycle option, which reads shred on other accounts. The orders are the same. All mail that’s trashed, regardless of plan, is ultimately recycled.
1. Click on the mail item to be trashed > click the “Actions” button on the mail item’s preview panel > hover over "Recycle” > select your recycling option.
- Recycle and Keep Scan - Destroys the physical item but keeps the digital scan in your Inbox.
- Recycle and Move Scan to Archive - Destroys the physical mail item and moves the digital scan to your Archive folder.
- Recycle and Move Scan to Trash - Destroys the physical mail item and moves the digital scan to your Trash folder.
A message appears stating that “Mail has been sent to disposal,” and depending on your disposal choice, the item will either remain in the Inbox or move to the Archive or Trash folders.
Trashing in Bulk
1. Click on the mail items to be trashed > click the “Bulk Actions” button > hover over "Recycle” > select your recycling option.
Canceling the Request
Users have 24 hours to cancel a recycle request. The order may be canceled at any time before the action is “locked.” You can check the status of your request by selecting the item’s Details button.
1. Locating your mail item depends on the trashing option you selected. Kept scans are held in the Inbox or moved to Archive or Trash.
2. You can cancel a request by clicking the orange recycle icon, and then clicking the X to “Cancel Recycle Pending.”
3. To view the progress of your disposal or to cancel the request from that page, click the Details button on the mail item.
4. Here, you can monitor the progress of your Disposal request. If you want to cancel the Disposal request, click the Cancel button.
A message will appear saying “Operation canceled!” and the mail item will return to your mailbox.