Auto-Deposit completes the check depositing process for you, which starts the moment we detect a check when scanning the contents of your mail. This guide will show you how to set up your free automated check depositing feature so that you can remove the need for manual deposit requests and speed up your cash flow.
Earth Class Mail strongly recommends using Auto-Deposit alongside Auto-Scan so that you can create a true ‘set and forget’ check depositing solution. We also recommend that you set all items to be shredded once they are deposited to avoid incurring storage fees. Here’s how it works: with Auto-Scan enabled, we’ll automatically scan the contents of your mail and immediately initiate the action to deposit any checks we detect in the process through Auto-Deposit. Once an item has been deposited, the physical check has been sent to the bank and there's nothing to retain other than the envelope and its extraneous contents, such as a statement, which is why we recommend shredding the envelope after deposit.
With Auto-Scan and Auto-Deposit, we can deposit your checks without you ever having to log in to your mailbox. All you have to do is set and forget. Learn how to set up Auto-Scan.
Set Up Your Auto-Deposit Rule
1. When logged into your account, click the cog on the bottom left of the interface.
Once you are in your account settings, select "Automation rules".
2. Select the “Add New” button. (Any existing rules you have configured on your account, like Auto-Scan, will be displayed on this page.)
Start creating your rule by giving it a description or name, like “Auto-Deposit.” Next, select the recipient you want the rule to apply for. Only mail that’s addressed to the specific recipient will be affected. Click next after filling in each of the spaces.
3. Select “A check has been detected” as the triggering event > click Next.
4. Select “Deposit Checks” as the triggered action > click Next.
5. Select an account to receive the deposit. If you have not yet set up a bank account, you’ll have the option to do it here by clicking “Add New.” Next, select an action to take on any additional mail item contents after the check has been deposited. We strongly recommend that you set the action here to Shred Item, so that you can avoid storage fees. There is no check in the envelope once it's been mailed out, so there's nothing to retain. If you still feel that you receive items in check envelopes that you wish to keep, then go ahead and select Re-envelope.
If you bank with Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, or Wells Fargo, we automatically overnight your checks for no additional fee.
If you bank with another provider, you have the option to select “Expedite Check Processing” to overnight your checks for a fee. Once you’ve configured your actions, click Next.
6. Select “Include all items” so that we deposit each of your checks > Click Next.
7. Select “Exclude no items” so that we deposit each of your checks > Click Next.
8. Review your rule and select Create Rule.
9. You’re finished! Your new Auto-Deposit rule is now enabled and will be shown on your Automation Rules page. 🎉