Earth Class Mail can automatically scan the contents of your mail, without you having to log in and manually request a scan of each received item. With your Auto-Scan rule enabled, you can get your content faster and search, share and/or sync with any integrated platforms sooner than you would with manual content scan requests.
Set Up Your Auto-Scan Rule
1. When logged into your account, click the Support icon on the bottom left of the interface.
Once you are in your account settings, select "Automation rules".
2. Click the "Add New" button.
Start creating your rule by giving it a name or a description, like “Auto-Scan” or “Scan All Contents.” Next, select the recipient you want this rule to apply to. Click next after filling each space.
Note that only mail that’s addressed to the listed recipient will be automatically scanned. The rule must be configured for each recipient that wants to have their mail automatically scanned.
3. To ensure that all new mail that arrives in the inbox is scanned, select when “a new item is delivered” and “a new item is transferred.” Click next.
4. Select scan. Click next.
5. Select to scan in color or black and white, and what should happen to the physical documents after they’re scanned. By default, we scan in color and opt to do nothing with your mail (which means we’ll re-envelope and store until you say otherwise.)
NOTE: We strongly recommend using our default "Re-envelope and store" because you're unable to exclude certain pieces of mail, like checks, from being shredded after being scanned. If a check is immediately recycled or shredded after being scanned, we will not be able to deposit the check.
6. We recommend including all items when setting your inclusionary details.
7. For our "Auto-Scan" rule, we recommend excluding certain mail items from being automatically scanned, such as items with at least 21 pages (to avoid unintended overages) and bulk mail classes (junk mail.)
7.1 Select “Exclude items that meet all of the following conditions:” and enter “21” into the text box for “Have at least … page(s).”
7.2 Select “Match the following mail classes:” and click the “Select Bulk Classes” button. The specific bulk mail classes will then be selected for you.
8. Confirm & create your rule. Once you've filled in all the conditions for your rule, review the confirmation page and click the "Create Rule" button.
Congratulations! All of your incoming mail will be immediately scanned after it is delivered to the applicable recipient. The rule will appear on the Settings page in your Automation Rules section. You can edit or delete you rule at any time.