Earth Class Mail's Xero integration enables you to easily apply payment checks you've received at your Earth Class Mail address towards Invoices and Accounts in Xero - right from your inbox. It does this by first collecting a few details about how to apply the payment, using Contact/Invoice/Account data you already have in Xero.
The first step is setting up the connection between your Earth Class Mail account and your existing Xero account. After that, you can record a payment for any deposited check in your inbox.
Set Up Your Xero + Earth Class Mail Connection:
1. When logged into your account from your desktop, click the gear icon (Settings), then choose Integrations.
2. Click on the “Connect to Xero (Beta)” button to begin connecting your accounts.
3. A new window will open prompting you to enter your Xero account information.
4. After entering your email address and password, a prompt will appear requesting you to “Allow access”. If you have multiple organizations, a drop-down menu will require you to choose the one you wish to connect to your Earth Class Mail account. Click on “allow access” to proceed.
You will be redirected to the Earth Class Mail interface and see a confirmation that the connection was successful.
5. You should now see the Xero (Beta) connection listed in the Connected Accounts section with a “Disconnect” button.
6. Click on the mailbox icon ("MailRoom") to return to the mail list view, and you’re ready to record a payment in Xero!
Record Payment for a Xero Invoice via Earth Class Mail:
1. Select an item with a deposited check. You can find deposited checks by selecting the "Payment Detected" tag and finding an item with a blue bank icon ("Deposited") or by searching for an item number or keyword in the search bar. Click the selected item’s “Details” button.
2. Click the “Record Payment” button to open a tab that prompts you to choose a provider for recording the payment.
3. Click on the Xero (Beta) button.
4. Search for a customer to assign the payment to by inputting the customer name and hitting the enter key. We’ll show you a list of matching customers; click on the customer name to filter the invoices presented in the next step.
5. You can search by a specific invoice number, or leave the search field blank and hit ‘Enter’ to view a list of invoices. Select the invoice you wish to apply payment towards. We will then show you a list of available bank deposit accounts in your authorized Xero organization. Click to select a bank account to which to attach the payment.
6. A confirmation page will appear. Click “Record Payment” to complete the process.
A message will appear confirming the payment was recorded successfully.
7. Your payment will be reflected in Xero. You can see this using the Business > Invoices section, then search for the invoice.
Clicking into the invoice will show the payment applied.
- How do I disconnect from Xero?
To disconnect, proceed to the Settings > Integrations page of the Earth Class Mail app. Find the Xero connection under "Connected Accounts" and click the "Disconnect" button for that connection.