The U.S. Postal Service requires all Commercial Mail Receiving Agents (CMRA) to collect a notarized USPS Form 1583 from customers to ensure you are who you say you are and that your mail is only being received by you. In doing so they require 2 forms of identification with that document. Below we have a list of acceptable forms of identification for us with completing the 1583 form.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
- At least one ID must have a photo of the applicant.
- At least one ID must verify the home address.
- ID's lacking both a photo and address are not acceptable for this requirement.
ID's that are acceptable:
- Valid driver's license or state non-driver's identification card
- Armed forces, government, or recognized corporate identification card
- Passport, alien registration card or certificate of naturalization
- Current lease, mortgage, or Deed of Trust
- Voter or vehicle registration card
- A home or vehicle insurance policy
ID's that are NOT acceptable:
- Social security cards
- Credit cards
- Birth certificates